Music Man USA Stingray Special 4HH Chopper Blue Roasted Maple/Rosewood NEW 2018
- 5-bolt Sculpted neck joint: The sculpted neck joint provides uninhibited access to all 22 stainless steel frets atop roasted maple necks.
- Refined body contours:
- Enhanced body contours are rounded for more comfort in any playing position while retaining that revered, iconic StingRay sound.
- Powerful Neodymium pickups: The new and improved StingRay electronics feature powerful neodymium magnets, bringing you more output and a wider range of sounds
- New 18v Preamp: A newly designed 18-volt 3-Band preamp for extra clean headroom lets you dial in everything from modern punch to classic, vintage tones.
- Lightweight performance: The overall reduction in weight is a much-welcomed feature of the new Stingray Special. Select body woods, improved contours, and lightweight hardware provide greater overall balance for extra comfort and a more enjoyable playing experience.
- Re-engineered hardware: Reengineered lightweight tuning machines create a more balanced neck while still providing ultra-reliable tuning stability.
- Model: StingRay Special 4HH
- Size: 13-1/2" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 44-7/8" long (34.3 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 114.0 cm long)
- Weight: 8 lbs, 8 oz (3.86 kg) - varies slightly
- Body Wood: Ash
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Bridge: Vintage Music Man® top loaded chrome plated, steel bridge plate with vintage nickel plated steel saddles
- Scale Length: 34" (86.4 cm)
- Neck Radius: 11" (27.9 cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 8-3/4" (22.2 cm) long
- Frets: 22 - High profile, wide, Stainless Steel
- Neck Width: 1-5/8" (41.3 mm) at nut 2-1/2" (63.5 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select roasted maple neck
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Tuning Machines: Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic clover design
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment:5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Chrome or black plated aluminum control cover (dependent on body color)
- Controls: 3-band active preamp with 18 volts of headroom; vol, treble, mid, bass
- Pickups:Dual Humbucking with Neodymium magnets
- Strings: 45w-65w-80w-100w (Super Slinky Bass #2834)
- Country of manufacture: USA
Introducing the all-new Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay Special Bass. Available now in North America and September 3rd globally. First introduced in 1976, the StingRay has become one of the most iconic bass guitars in history. For the first time in over 30 years, the Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay has been reimagined with new features and appointments that provide a new level of playing comfort while retaining that revered iconic StingRay sound. Watch as bassist Stefan Lessard (Dave Matthews Band) discusses his history with the StingRay and what's new for the StingRay Special. Learn more about the StingRay Special and find a dealer here: https://www.music-man.com/instruments... Featured revisions for the StingRay Special include an enhanced contour that is rounded for more comfort in any playing position, a sculpted neck joint for uninhibited upper fret access to all 22 stainless steel frets, and lightweight aluminum hardware providing a lighter, more balanced instrument. The new and improved StingRay electronics feature powerful neodymium magnets for higher output and a new 18-volt 3-Band preamp for extra clean headroom without clipping. Solid roadworthy construction, elegant oval pickguard, 3+1 tuning key configuration (SR4)/ 4+1 tuning key configuration (SR5), and the ever popular Music Man humbucker, all together produce a look, feel and sound that is remarkably unmistakable.Introducing the all-new Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay Special Bass. Available now in North America and September 3rd globally.
The Ernie Ball...Introducing the all-new Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay Special ...