Ernie Ball Music Man USA 2018 Stingray Special 5H Bass Natural with Roasted Maple neck - including Hard Shell case, New
Manufacturers Part number: 207-01-10-01-CS-CR
The new Stingray Special has been rebuilt from the ground up. Optimized, modernized, yet so familiar, the new StingRay bass is tailor-made for today’s most discerning players.
- 5-bolt Sculpted neck joint: The sculpted neck joint provides uninhibited access to all 22 stainless steel frets atop roasted maple necks.
- Refined body contours:
- Enhanced body contours are rounded for more comfort in any playing position while retaining that revered, iconic StingRay sound.
- Powerful Neodymium pickups: The new and improved StingRay electronics feature powerful neodymium magnets, bringing you more output and a wider range of sounds
- New 18v Preamp: A newly designed 18-volt 3-Band preamp for extra clean headroom lets you dial in everything from modern punch to classic, vintage tones.
- Lightweight performance: The overall reduction in weight is a much-welcomed feature of the new Stingray Special. Select body woods, improved contours, and lightweight hardware provide greater overall balance for extra comfort and a more enjoyable playing experience.
- Re-engineered hardware: Reengineered lightweight tuning machines create a more balanced neck while still providing ultra-reliable tuning stability.
First introduced in 1976, the StingRay has been revered as one of the most iconic bass guitars in history. The StingRay was the first production four string bass to feature onboard active equalization. The flagship of the Music Man line, today's StingRay is the same as it was some forty years ago featuring a solid roadworthy construction, elegant oval pickguard, and the ever popular Music Man humbucker. All of which combined produce a look, feel and sound that is remarkably unmistakable.
Buy with confidence from SportHiTech, an authorized Music Man dealer. Full factory warranty on all new Music Man instruments. Ships UPS Ground with tracking and insurance.
Size13-1/2" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 45-3/4" long (34.3 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 116.2 cm long)
Weight9 lbs, 2 oz (4.16 kg) - varies slightly
Body FinishHigh gloss polyester
BridgeVintage Music Man® top loaded chrome plated, steel bridge plate with vintage nickel plated steel saddles
Scale Length34" (86.4 cm)
Neck Radius11" (27.9 cm)
Headstock SizeOnly 9" (22.9 cm) long
Frets22 - High profile, wide, Stainless Steel
Neck Width1-3/4" (44.5 mm) at nut 2-3/4" (69.9 mm) at last fret
Neck WoodSelect roasted maple neck
Neck FinishGunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
Tuning MachinesCustom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic clover design
Truss RodAdjustable - no component or string removal
Neck Attachment5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
Electronic ShieldingGraphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined pickguard
Controls3-band active preamp with 18 volts of headroom; vol, treble, mid, bass
PickupSingle Humbucking with Neodymium magnets; Optional - Dual Humbucking with Neodymium magnets
Strings45w-65w-80w-100w-130w (Regular Slinky Bass #2836)
Country of manufacture USA
Case Hard shell case included